Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sidewalk Saturday




My "invisible trail" no longer winds through forest and woodland, through field and meadow, over stream and around pond--at least not most days. Most days, I walk along the city sidewalks where I am afraid to point my camera at the surrounding scenery, because the scenery belongs to the people whose yards I'm walking past. And paranoia runs high now because of terrorism. So I look down at the sidewalk, down at my feet, at the ice and snow and the petroglyphs of the city.

The bottom picture is calcium chloride, sprinkled like snow on the sidewalks to cut the ice.

I took these Friday. But I am posting them for Sidewalk Saturday. P365-07Ph Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jo(e) said...

I really love that first one.

jo(e) said...

I really love that first one.

jo(e) said...

I really love that first one.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks, jo(e)!! :-)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I like to wonder about who made the "petroglyphs" and what they were thinking. :-)